A sincere search after the truth will lead you to the following regarding conversion:
- God has offered man salvation through Christ (Luke 19:10; Acts 4:12).
- Followers of Jesus are commanded to teach this good news (gospel) to all nations (Matthew 28:18-20).
- This gospel is “the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16).
- Faith comes by hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17).
- A sincere faith will lead a person to repent. Repentance includes turning away from sin and turning to the Lord for salvation (Luke 13:3, 5; 24:46-48; Acts 2:38; 17:30, 31).
- You must take a public stand for the Lord. This is called confession of Christ (Matthew 10:32, 33; Romans 10:9, 10).
- At this point every person who is being converted must be baptized (immersed) in water for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16). Baptism puts a person in Christ and in His church (Acts 2:41-47).